Friday, February 21, 2014

Gated

Gated
by Amy Christine Parker

Hardcover, 352 pages
Published August 6th 2013 by Random House Books for Young Readers 
 
So apparently a newish sub-genre of the ever popular young adult dystopians is the teen finding out they are actually part of a cult when they thought they were the normal "saved" ones that were going to survive the end of days. The Compound by S. A. Bodeen is a great example of this. Another recent title is Escape from Eden by Elisa Nader. I didn't really know what this book, Gated, was about going into it. So I will not say much here other than the above to ruin it for anyone else wanting to read it. I think if I had known more going in it might not have been as intense and exciting of a read. I like that it is a complete novel and hopefully there won't be another one, but knowing the current trends, there probably will be:(

No comments: