Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Sixty-Eight Rooms

The Sixty-Eight Rooms
by Marianne Malone
Juvenile Mystery
269 pages
New York : Random House, c2010

Deep within the Art Institute of Chicago is an amazing collection of miniature rooms. Rooms so detailed in their minute decorations as to cause great wonderment as to their creation. On a school field trip to the museum, two children discover a magical key that enables them to shrink down to the perfect size to wander around the display. All is not magic though when they discover that the rooms are doorways into past history. Blend that with a modern day mystery involving a security guard and you have a fabulous adventure story for boys and girls alike.

2 comments:

Raspberry said...

I checked this out but couldn't read it. Maybe I'll try it again sometime...sigh. I don't know. :)

Hirsche Family said...

It is a bit simple and predictable, but that can be great for kids. I found it fascinating to learn about this unique display that I had never heard of. Because of that book, if I am ever in Chicago (which I doubt will ever happen) I will go see it in person.