Monday, February 1, 2010

Grown-Ups are Dumb! (no offense)

Grown-Ups are Dumb! (no offense)
by Alexa Kitchen (the World's Youngest Professional Cartoonist)
Juvenile Comics
unpaged
New York : Disney Hyperion Books, c2009

11-year-old Alexa began receiving attention in the comic art world at the ripe-old-age of 6. Now 11, she continues to draw and this book collects several comic strips and short comic series. I must be one of the "dumb grown-ups" as I didn't find it all that great. Some of the stories were funny, and some I didn't quite see the humor in them. The art was cute, but nothing fantastic. I didn't like the fact that it was all printed on pink paper either. I did enjoy her story-telling ability and comic strip layouts; impressive for such a young child. I think young girls will enjoy this much more than I did.

No comments: