Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Plain Janes


The Plain Janes
by Cecil Castellucci and Jim Rugg
unpaged
Teen Graphic Novel
New York, N.Y. : Minx, 2007

Jane is in the thick of disaster when a bomb goes off in Metro City. Her parents move the family to the suburbs where they believe it is safer. Jane is distressed about the move and worries about making friends. She falls in with a mismatched group of girls who all happen to be named Jane (or some variation of Jane). They loosely connect and form a slightly rebellious group called P.L.A.I.N. (People Loving Art In Neighborhoods). The group doesn't do any real harm, but they irritate the local police. Hints of romance and lots of normal teen girl friendship drama fill the pages of this black and white graphic novel. It was readable but I didn't love it. I will probably read the second one just because I am a completest and I want to know if Main Jane goes to Poland.

No comments: