Wednesday, July 8, 2009

City of Ashes

City of Ashes
The Mortal Instruments: Book Two
by Cassandra Clare
453 p.
Young Adult
New York : Margaret K. McElderry Books, c2008

Clary continues to struggle with her new found family history. Tension rises between her and Simon as well as between her and Jace. Valentine and his demon-hordes cause destruction and mayhem wherever they appear. Clary may have found some new powers as well along with some new friends and enemies. A mysterious Shadow Hunter reveals the secret to Clary's mother's illness. The Mortal Instruments trilogy moves along at a fast pace in this second book.
There is lots of demon-fighting and spell-casting. I found City of Ashes to be somewhat darker than City of Bones. A few characters were mildly annoying but nothing too distracting. I have made a few personal predictions as to how the third one will end. I still am not any closer to absolutely loving the series, but I have already started City of Glass which just shows that I am impatient and need to know how the author wraps things up. So check back in a few days and see my reactions to City of Glass.


1 comment:

Raspberry said...

You know, I must confess I could start this one. I just sort of stalled, I guess.
And yes on the Biggest Bear. LOVE that book.