Monday, June 29, 2009

The Farseekers

The Farseekers
by Isobelle Carmody
313 pages
young adult
TOR Fantasy, New York 1990

The Farseekers is the sequel to Obernewtyn which I wrote about a week or so ago. I will try not to say anything here to spoil the first one for you if you are interested in this series. Elspeth is part of an expedition in search of another Misfit, one who appears to be as strong mentally as she is. The other members of the expedition are searching for a "Before-times" library that is located in some tainted ruins. Their journey is filled with danger at every turn. Not only do they have to be wary of the Council's soldierguards and the Herders, but the mysterious man known as Henry Druid.
An interesting continuation of the first book, as a sequel should be. Of course, now I have to wait for the third one to arrive from who knows where via inter-library-loan. I still love the characters. Though I was a tad confused at first because it has been a few weeks since I read Obernewtyn and I have read several books in between. It took me a few chapters to straighten out all the characters again, but didn't really affect my enjoyment of the story.

No comments: