Friday, May 8, 2009

Skinned

Skinned
by Robin Wasserman
361 pages
Young Adult
New York : Simon Pulse, 2008.

Lia Kahn: wealthy, beautiful, popular, perfect. Until the car accident that nearly claimed her life. Her parents made the decision to have her downloaded into a new body. Now she is immortal, but is she human? Forced back into her previous life, Lia attempts to be normal despite those around her making it difficult. Did her family make the "right" decision? Many questions about humanity and faith are asked and pondered in this first book in an interesting new trilogy. As I read this novel, it reminded me of The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson and Scott Westerfeld's Uglies series, both of which I recommend. However, I must give a warning for this book - some mature situations and dialogue as well as frequent profanity.

1 comment:

Raspberry said...

Yay - I'm excited to come to this blog, since you get new books WAY before I do! (I just got Deeper in this past week. Sheesh.) Anyways, :)